CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Raids

Vikings are strong,
they're raids lasted long.
They fought like bears,
Sometimes in pairs.

They built the fastested ships,
So let me give you a some tips.
Vikings raids come out of nowhere,
As if from a secret lair.

Viking raids are like thunderstorms,
They leave things ripped and torn.
Defense would be hard to make,
And thus the vikings will take.

Reflection: This is a simile poem because I compare two things that are not alike. In the lines "They fought like bears", I'm using a simile because vikings were not really bears. Also, in the line " Viking raids are like thunderstorms", I'm also using a simile because I'm comparing viking raids to a thunderstorm.
This poem was a fun one for me to make. I enjoyed making this poem because I think that it's fun to read.

1 comments:

Ms. Sackstein said...

Great poem... it's fun. The rhyme is catchy and your reflection is apt! Nice work.